PREP & MAINTENANCE
By preparing your skin and taking care of it after your session, you can lengthen the duration of your tan. Below are a few recommendations.
Looking for products suggested by Amy? See them here.
BEFORE YOUR APPLICATION
- Please shave or wax your legs before your session, at least 12 hours prior to the appointment.
- Manicures and pedicures must be done prior to your application.
- Moisturize really well the night before your session, not the day of.
- Exfoliate thoroughly before your session. This is extremely important to get your best tanning results. This will provide a smooth surface for
your tan so I can provide a gorgeous, even glow. A deep exfoliation would include a salt/sugar scrub, using a Moroccan Spa Exfoliating Glove or the Renewing Sunless Exfoliator. Do not use bar soaps or Dove products.
- Can't shower before your appointment? Add-on the Exfoliating Mitt Treatment and we'll get your skin ready without water.
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
- You will need to review and sign the release form. Want to get started now? Download here and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Please do not apply any makeup, moisturizers, lotions, perfume or deodorant before your session.
- Wear a bathing suit, just bottoms or whatever you feel most comfortable in. Disposable bottoms are available. Men must wear bottoms.
- More oily skin types usually develop lighter and may need another application 24-48 hours after your base tan.
AFTER YOUR APPLICATION
- Your tan will need to set for at least 8 hours, 24-hours is suggested, before showering or sweating for THE GLOW. This will allow your tan to fully develop. If you have booked the QUICK ONE, you can shower in as little as one hour!
- Plan to wear dark, loose-fitting clothing after your appointment. Cotton is best. If it's raining, wear long sleeves, pants and bring your umbrella!
- Do not shave for about 12 hours after your application.
REMEMBER: When you shower for the first time after your application, you may see some color wash off. Don't worry! This is just your cosmetic bronzer.
Pat yourself dry after your shower and your gorgeous tan is developing underneath.
MAINTAINING YOUR CUSTOM SPRAY TAN
- VERY IMPORTANT! Please do not use bar soap or deodorant soap, especially Dove or Oil of Olay beauty brands. Any type of anti-aging, wrinkle or acne products, lotions or creams will cause the tan to fade faster and may produce a blotchy result. Do not use products containing oil, mineral oil, Retin-A, alphy hydroxy acid (AHA), salicylic acid (aka beta hydroxy acid or BHA), glycolic acid or lactic acid. Using products that contain oils or alcohol will also strip your tan. This can cause your tan appears crackled and uneven... not a good look! I guarantee a gorgeous, flawless spray tan, but I cannot control what products you use in prep and maintenance unless they are purchased directly through me.
- Moisturize your skin! You should be moisturizing at least once each day after your tan.
- Avoid long, hot baths or hot tub sessions. This will decrease the longevity of your tan.
- Pat your skin with your towel after a bath or shower. Do not scrub your skin. This will only make your tan wear faster.
- Ready for a fresh start for your next session? Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!
For additional information, please see the FAQ page.